Monday, April 14, 2008

Beddy Buddy

It'll be a little more than a year since Stella graduated to her "big girl bed". Since then it has been pretty common for her to get up in the middle of the night and "request" that she come upstairs to sleep with us. This occurs usually between 1 and 3 a.m. I will hear the door open and will go down to retrieve her.

This became a regular routine during August of 2007 when she could just walk out of her room at the cottage and into our room. I would then get scared to death when I opened my eyes to find her staring at me.


When we returned to Brooklyn after Labor Day, the routine continued and I decided not to fight it. I realized that eventually she would stop doing this and I would miss having my beddy buddy.


Well... over the past few weeks Stella has begun to sleep all night in her big girl bed. It's getting more and more unusual for her to wake up and come upstairs. I miss her, but now I can cuddle with Lisa all night without a little one between us. And besides, Stella is a major snorer!