Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday Girl

Yesterday was Stella's actual birthday and, after at least a year of whining about it, I was hell-bent on getting a scooter for her!

I had ordered a purple and pink Disney Princess scooter online from ToysRUs, but when I opened the box (the night before her party) the box inside was a mess. The fine folks at ToysRUs had shipped us a previously opened, damaged scooter.

Time for Plan B...

Yesterday after work I headed for the giant ToysRUs in Times Square. I braved the crowds, found the same scooter, and rushed home.

Stella was overjoyed and insisted I put it together right then and there. So I did. She put on her helmet and took it for a spin in the hallway. She's a little slow right now but I'm sure she'll be zipping along and scaring us to death soon enough.

I just liked seeing the smile on her face when she saw the scooter.