Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beach Wrap-Up

When Stella gets hurt, she says "ouch". When Stella gets really hurt, she says "ouchie".

Well all I have to say is this... ouchie!

And, with that, I shall wrap up my usual end-of-summer gloom-fest. Closing up the cottage and not seeing the kids the last few days was torture as usual. But let's move on.

August 2009 was fantastic! Great weather, an extra week, and two amazing kids. Plus, I increased my OOB vacation time from one week to two.

In the past, I would always have to brace myself a bit in anticipation of day-after-day of kid time. But either they got easier or I calmed down (or both) because every minute with Stella and Marni was wonderful. They got right back into the OOB swing of things in no time.

Some of their highlights:
  • Stella and Marni sleeping in a big bed together. They loved it and so did we.
  • The girls bonding with cousin Janet.
  • The girls bonding with cousin Rachel.
  • Finding and loving the outside shower.
  • Losing their fear of the water.
And this year's guest book at The Cottage B&B:
  • Nana Bev and Papa Art
  • The Rapps
  • Nana Audrey
  • The Hoffmans of NJ
  • Lisa Stefanoff
  • Laurie and Ricardo
And special thanks to Lisa, who makes it all run smoothly.

Only about 262 days left until we start it all over again.