Saturday, June 20, 2009

Marni's "Graduation"

It's "get a grip, man" season... the time of year when kids graduate from one grade to another or from one school to another. A couple of years ago when Stella had her first graduation ceremony at daycare I was balling like a baby. I thought to myself, "get a grip, man".

The next year Marni graduated from one daycare to another. Again... balling like a baby.

So Friday was Marni's graduation ceremony at Raindrops and I was preparing for the waterworks.

After a nice brunch with the other parents, the kids performed two numbers and, unlike the past two years with Stella, Marni actually performed with her classmates. Quite a difference from the Stella era where her shyness prevented her from taking part in the performances.

And were there waterworks? Nope, not this year.

But Stella's "stepping up" ceremony is next week. It may be time again to "get a grip". Stay tuned and send me a case of tissues.