Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Radio City Christmas Spectacular

I know that the holiday season has officially begun when the Radio City Christmas Spectacular commercials begin to air on TV. It usually brings a tear to my eyes.

But I've never actually been to one of these shows. This year I decided it was time.

I took advantage of a special low price for early performances and bought 4 tickets for November 14th.

There was a lot of excitement this morning as the girls dressed up in their favorite dresses. Our subway ride got us to Rockefeller Center early, so we had time to check out the newly erected (but still undecorated) tree. After watching the skaters for a while, we headed in to Radio City. The girls (and their dad) were wide-eyed as we entered the beautifully decorated lobby. I had forgotten how amazing Radio City is.

Our orchestra seats were fantastic and, precisely at 9:59 a.m., the lights dimmed and the show began.

And what a show it was!

The girls (and their dad) were blown away. The Spectacular was truly spectacular. And more tears appeared in my eyes as I watched my girls having the time of their lives.

I think we have a new tradition here.