Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yankee Doodle Dandies

A few weeks ago the girls joined me for an outdoor screening of one of my favorite movies, Yankee Doodle Dandy. Anyone who knows me well knows that James Cagney is my favorite movie star of all time. Not only could he play roles that ranged from gangsters to song-and-dance men, he was also a very fine human being.

Well, much to my delight, the girls have picked up on the title tune from the movie and we all go around the house singing Yankee Doodle Dandy. They can both pretty much sing it on their own. It's even become one of our nighttime lullabies.

So things like this blow my mind. I've been watching this movie for probably 40 years. And now I have 2 kids who are also watching (and digging) this movie. How can you even imagine this stuff?